Tuesday, 6 May 2014

Nearly Black | Organic Ceramics

You may remember me showing you our newly renovated bathroom awhile ago. It is an absolute joy to use, and we're so happy with everything, especially considering the tiny space we had to work with. The only slight problem that we struck was that when people (especially the kids) washed their hands and then turned the tap off, they splashed water all over the wallpaper next to the basin.




In hindsight we could've carried the tiles over from the wet area/walk-in shower, in line with the window frame. But I love the wallpaper, and it's the main focus as you walk in the door, so I decided a row of tiles next to the basin was all we needed. But what tiles? Not just any old tiles would do!




I searched high and low for the right tiles, and knew I had found what I was looking for when I came across Etsy shop, Nearly Black. The hand-painted tiles had a lovely organic flow, very similar to the loose lines in our wallpaper.




Spanish owner, Nuri Negre, custom made a series of tiles to fit the end of our vanity. I sent her an image of the wallpaper and she recreated the waves across the five tiles. I love them and they do exactly what they're supposed to - no more damp wallpaper, as it was only the very bottom that was getting wet.





It's not just tiles that Nuri creates and sells in her shop, she also a range of beautiful plates, jewellery, vases and napkin rings. Each piece is handmade and glazed by Nuri, with a beautiful natural and organic look.







This is just a small selection of the Nearly Black products, pop over and check out the full range. I think it's all absolutely gorgeous, and I love my tiles!
 photo AdBannerEg_zpsfaa35ad6.png

6 comments:

  1. Vic that looks fantastic!!! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tried leaving a comment, not sure what happened! Just wanted to say they are beautiful tiles, what a great discovery that designer is.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Leanne. They were a great find, that's for sure. x

      Delete
  3. I know personaly Nuri...and I love her working. Congratulations for this post because it explains very well her creativity!!!

    ReplyDelete

It's lovely to hear from you. Thanks for your comment. Best wishes, Vic xxx

Blogging tips