Tuesday 30 October 2012

Circles + Angles

I don't know what it is exactly about circles that makes me love them so much. They are a symbol of unity and wholeness, and can be seen as protective, nurturing and feminine.
And they are fantastic to incorporate into your home! 
A lot of things in our homes are rectangular in shape - tables, pictures, sofas, books... Look around you, see what I mean?! Adding circles into your home will counterbalance all those angles, soften them, and, in my opinion, contrasts add interest and dynamics to a space.



There are lots of ways to include circles in your home, and you may already have done this unwittingly (or knowingly). On the walls - round mirrors, artwork, clocks, wall plates, hanging hats on hooks looks cool and it's functional; furniture - round tables, ottomans, stools; accessories - lights are often circular, throw a round cushion in with your square ones, circle patterns on fabric. So go on and embrace your curves!








1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9

4 comments :

  1. I absolutely love circles in the home, especially bedding and prints. And circle mirrors, which I'm currently obsessing over! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Circular mirrors are a big weakness of mine so I loved this post! I think I should definitely incorporate more lovely curves in my home!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What beautiful interior pictures! As I browse through the pics I look up at my pendant lamp ... and I am inspired (thanks to you) to revamp my dining area .. time for a FABULOUS HUGE pendant! Thanks for the inspiration!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the impact throwing in some round shapes can add to a space. Great post Vic :)

    Abbey x

    ReplyDelete

It's lovely to hear from you. Thanks for your comment. Best wishes, Vic xxx

Blogging tips