Tuesday 6 August 2013

Light & Bright

I have a lot of appreciation for subtle, natural interiors... as long as lots of texture is present. I admire these interiors immensely, but I've found over the years that colour and pattern makes me happy. That's me. That's what nourishes my soul! Find what makes you happy and surround yourself with it. My advice for a happy home :)

I've chosen a few examples of 'light' versus 'bright'. Maybe 'versus' is not the right word, because they're not in competition, they're just different styles. I love all the natural images I've selected, I think they're beautiful. But give me a splash of colour or a hit of pattern and I'll take it every time.

Light & bright in the living room...





Light & bright in the kitchen...





Light & bright in the bedroom...





Light & bright in the work space...





Light & bright in the wardrobe...





and light & bright in these Cush & Nooks necklaces...




15 comments :

  1. I'm with you Vic! I think those understated neutrals are so beautiful...but colour just feels more like home to me x

    ReplyDelete
  2. The funny thing is Vic, these images that you have selected, for the majority of them, I too would go for the bright. I just love love love that rug in the second pic. Do you know where it is from? I cant go past neutral coloured wooden beads though. LOVE THEM!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love touches of colour and pattern on a neutral base, Amy, so these images are not too over the top. Although the Anna Spiro bedroom is pretty full-on awesome. No one does pattern like Anna Spiro! The 2nd pic is The Design Files open home, so the rug is possibly from Loom, or some other fabulous Australian shop. x

      Delete
  3. You know me, Vic, I just can't quit colour! Love those bright spaces so much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely no beige in your world, Will :) x

      Delete
  4. I love neutral rooms and adore the first room, the mix of textures, the light and those gorgeous windows look fabulous.

    Lee :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the pendant light in that room, Lee, and all the layers. x

      Delete
  5. That light filled workspace with all these colours on top of the desk (and the coloured chairs) looks amazing!
    I love it...
    Inge x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's one of my favourite spaces too Inge. It's the office of Bri Emery - love her style. x

      Delete
  6. I love this post Vic! As you know, I am a neutral girl all the way, but I agree it should have lots of texture and LOTS of layers. You found some beautiful images here to compare and even though I always go for neutrals, I found myself being drawn equally to the brights. I feel particularly drawn to the second living room!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I knew you'd love my lights, but I'm stoked that I've impressed you with some brights too Meghan :) That's a room from the Design Files Open Home - plenty of amazing Aussie style there. x

      Delete
  7. I've always been drawn to neutrals both in the home and in my wardrobe too but for some time now I've been adding colour here and there. The second room is gorgeous - it looks so comfortable and inviting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always start with a neutral base and layer colour on top. It's a great way to work, I think. You can have just a touch or lashings of colour on top. x

      Delete
  8. Great post Vic - you've illustrated the contrasts beautifully! x

    ReplyDelete

It's lovely to hear from you. Thanks for your comment. Best wishes, Vic xxx

Blogging tips