Friday 5 April 2013

3 Wishes

I'm bringing you a new kind of post today. You remember that old story about the genie and the three wishes? Well, if you could choose anything for your home, what would be top of your wish list?

I've asked two of my blogging mates to share one wish each with me, so I can share it with you. Starting with Michelle from The Design Chaser. Michelle and her husband are currently building a new home, and top of her wish list is a Flos 265 Lamp by Paolo Rizzatto.
"I'm completely obsessed!" she says. "To me the lamp is a piece of art that combines both form and function, I love it's minimalist design and think it would look stunning in our future living room, preferably in black".






Amy from Milo and Mitzy has a gorgeous little girl called Frankie. Amy actually gave me half a dozen things on her list, all of which I love too. But right at the top was one of these delightful Incy Interiors iron beds "for when my little girl moves into a big girl's bed".





And lucky last - top of my wish list (I hope you're listening genie) is this gorgeous vintage Afyon Kilim from Siggada Kilims. It's totally calling my name!





OK, one more - I know that's cheating, but it's my blog after all, and it's so hard to choose just one thing! These super cool Porthole artworks are all individually hand-made in Byron Bay, Australia, and available for purchase at Fenton & Fenton. Wouldn't they look perfect with the rug?!




What do you think of our choices, and what's on the top of your wish list?

15 comments :

  1. Great post 3 fab bloggers in one post - what more could a girl want!!Loving that lamp! Top of my wish list - patiently (or not so) waiting for hubby to put up art shelf above couch! My inspiration - http://pinterest.com/pin/47358233554026212/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that inspiration Kim, looks fab x

      Delete
  2. Hi Vic,

    Great post!! Top of my wishlist at the moment is a rectangular recessed shelving unit about my bed where you can put books inside. Hard to describe but I have the most gorgeous picture...

    Love the pictures of the kidlet on the iron beds - adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds gorgeous Donna. I'm such a book fan so I love that idea. x

      Delete
  3. Awesome, great post idea Vic. Love all of our choices!! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for taking part Michelle. I love all our choices too :) x

      Delete
  4. i need pillows for my sofas. i want ones that i remember seeing in a magazine years ago, made from an eastern european applique (i think) red and black on a white or cream back ground.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They sound like Suzani cushions Max. Have you seen the ones I have in my shop? My supplier has loads and all slightly different - http://cushandnooks.co.nz/collections/cushions/products/suzani-cushion-cover. x

      Delete
  5. Great post Vic. I love the kilim - so beautiful! And I know one of those iron beds would look fab in my daughter's bedroom. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. If only we could rub a magic lamp! I'm in a situation where I know what I want in general, but have yet to find pieces that also fit within my budget. I have been hunting for a real statement piece round mirror to hang in our dark entrance. If money was no object, I would love a couch like this in our lounge: http://ecc.co.nz/furniture/indoor/sofas-armchairs/plaza-sofa and a Danish midcentury cabinet in our dining area. I spied this replica but the legs look out of proportion: http://www.freedomfurniture.co.nz/furniture/dining/buffets/23353749/sixties-buffet-natural/. And yes, I know this is my fourth wish, but I'd also love a 3-bay industrial steel locker to house all all our coats and footwear in our entrance.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous choices ladies! I have also coveted the flos lamp for some time! Top of my wishlist at the moment are some beautiful Tolix chairs for a dining room that I don't have but I would settle for some bright orange Tolix bar stools instead!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fun post idea Vic! I have so many things on my list..it would be hard to narrow. But at the moment, I am on a desperate hunt for an old dresser that I can have some fun with with paint and hardware :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the rug and the pictures, they really compliment each other. I think top of my list right now is three designer topiary for the front of my house but they are so expensive they are on a waiting list like everything else :)

    Lee

    ReplyDelete
  10. Have just seen his Vic. looks great! Thank you for having me. xxxx

    ReplyDelete

It's lovely to hear from you. Thanks for your comment. Best wishes, Vic xxx

Blogging tips