Wednesday 19 June 2013

At Home with Jessica Marx

I can always count on The Glitter Guide to inspire me with unique and stylish homes. I was particularly drawn to the home of Jessica Marx, which she describes as vintage glam meets boho-chic. Jessica is the founder of design business J. Marx Atelier, so it's no wonder her home oozes style.




The living room is Jessica's favourite room, reflecting both her and her husband's personalities. The amazing brass rams head coffee table was a flea market find, and the brass lotus chandelier was bought on a trip to Montreal. The guitars belong to her husband.






Jessica loves to collect vintage treasures, particularly brass ornaments.







The dining room is super glamorous. I absolutely love the Maxime dining chairs in linen and brass by Jonathan Adler. Jessica likes to splurge on neutral, classic investment pieces, and then mix in a little pop of colour and sparkle with accessories.






A black bone inlay dresser was found online and shipped from India. I have the exact same dresser in our bedroom, but in blue, and it is definitely a piece I will keep forever - I too believe in splurging on investment pieces.



3 comments :

  1. The living room may be my favorite as well- gorgeous. The brass elements really do add to the glam.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm having a hard time picking a favourite. The brass elements scattered around are so swoon-worthy! I really love how inviting and plush the bedroom looks - that black curtain behind the bed adds so much drama.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh.. I've been lusting over those Jonathan Adler chairs lately - they look great in Jessica's dining area. The Love Me prints are very cool as well x

    ReplyDelete

It's lovely to hear from you. Thanks for your comment. Best wishes, Vic xxx

Blogging tips