Friday 28 June 2013

Will Worsp - WRW & Co

I first discovered Kiwi designer and furniture maker, Will Worsp, through my lovely friend, Amy, author of Milo & Mitzy. Like many Kiwis, Will spent quite some time travelling overseas, soaking up inspiration and fantastic experiences on the way. When New Zealand called him home, he set up his business WRW & Co, designing and making beautiful furniture out of repurposed, locally sourced materials.




Will creates new pieces that still carry the history of their former life. I love that - not new and souless, but new and unique and filled with character. He sent me these photos of some of his latest work, which is absolutely stunning.



These coffee tables are made from old Macrocarpa rails and raw steel.



This Kauri Sarking dining table is created from wood that had been left and forgotten in a Waikato shed for 25 years.



And my favourite, part of Will's Woolshed collection, the wood used to create this table is 50 year old heart rimu. It was once cattle yard rails that Will has carefully repurposed to expose the beautiful historical scars and grain.



All Will's furniture is made to order. You can see more of his work on his WRW & Co Facebook page, or send him an email (tell him I sent you).

7 comments :

  1. Wow his work just keeps getting better. I would love to own a pice. Graduation present from hubby perhaps!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great idea Amy. It'd be the kind of piece you'd keep forever, and would really suit your home :) x

      Delete
  2. LOVE THIS FURNITURE. The woolshed series is my fave - the low coffee tables. Would soooo suit my house. What a guy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Rachel, you'd only have to wait two weeks for Will to build you a coffee table. You should go for it! x

      Delete
  3. I'm so impressed with Will's work, he's really talented and a really nice guy. I'd love one of his dining tables!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Swooning over here! I love that each piece is unique (which is incredibly rare nowadays) and it looks like the solid made-to-last kind of furniture that is well worth investing it. It’s hard to choose a favourite but that desk would look perfect anywhere!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the Kauri table, I especially love beautiful items that have been made from recycled materials.

    Lee

    ReplyDelete

It's lovely to hear from you. Thanks for your comment. Best wishes, Vic xxx

Blogging tips