Friday 17 October 2014

Complete Paints | DIY Copper Top Side Table

I wanted to tell you about a little DIY project I did recently. I had bought a Cage Side Table from Big Save Furniture but decided I wanted to do something with the top, which was a dark stained and varnished wood. So I popped in to see the guys at Complete Paints in Onekawa, Napier and discussed my options with them. I thought about painting it a bright glossy colour, but when Graeme mentioned metallics I was sold. He told me he could put my chosen metallic into a spray can for easy application, so we looked at all the different colours and I chose a rich copper tone.




If you live in Napier you may not realise that Complete Paints (23 Ford Road, Onekawa) is open to the general public. They deal with a lot of trade customers, but also welcome retail customers, they're super knowledgable, and happy to help those of us who aren't as familiar with which products we need. Graeme explained the process and the products I'd need to complete this project, and Brad was on hand to help me with each step.




I'm so happy with the result, the copper top looks fantastic on the white cage base, and it looks right at home in our living room. If you'd like to do a similar project you can find all the instructions on the Complete Paints project page. And, no matter where you live in New Zealand, you can buy all the products on their website, including the gorgeous copper spray paint. For a limited time you'll get 10% OFF if you purchase the complete project package, so head on over and get busy with your own copper painted project.





2 comments :

  1. Fab project and it looks great in your room.

    Lee :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing some awesome idea. It's seems looking a great review i have ever seen.

    ReplyDelete

It's lovely to hear from you. Thanks for your comment. Best wishes, Vic xxx

Blogging tips