Tuesday 18 September 2012

Crazy About Kantha

Earlier this morning I posted a beautiful image to my Facebook page of a lovely tranquil bedroom all in white apart from a single Kantha cushion. As you well know, I'm crazy about colour and pattern, so it's easy to see why I love Kantha so much. I have a bunch of gorgeous quilts in the Cush & Nooks online store which have all been lovingly handmade in India. That Facebook image reminded of the incredible chair I'd seen recently when flicking through an old copy of Home Beautiful, covered in a multi coloured fruit print Kantha.



It got me thinking... I could take that little ottoman of mine down to my upholsterer and get it recovered using one of my quilts - brilliant! Not just ideal for bedspreads and throws, but the Kantha quilts can be used in so many ways...

Vintage Kantha armchair from EcoChic

Adorable child's chair covered in a bright Kantha from Sotomoto

I love these Kantha covered trunks from Sotomoto

A perfect shot of colour and pattern in these stools

Handmade ottoman beanbags, quilts, cushions - yum!

And even turned into art for the wall - Kantha Wall Plates

9 comments :

  1. lovely! at least you won't have to cut into the gorgeous quilt yourself...getting someone else to do it. I have a gorgeous piece of amy butler pink passion oilcloth that is meant to go on a stool, but just cant bring myself to cut into it yet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That art work is divine! Amy x
    http://www.miloandmitzy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think that might just be your best idea yet! I have fallen hard for those little stools!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love those suitcases and also the plates on the wall, off to see your Kantha cushion on your FB page now.

    Lee :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So bright and beautiful Vic! Love those gorgeous little stools :)

    Abbey x

    ReplyDelete
  6. These fabrics are so beautiful and bright. I love your idea for the ottoman- think it would brighten up any space. Btw, loving the new profile pic!

    ReplyDelete
  7. V. chic! and beautiful, adorable colors.....it's a very loose interpretation of kantha though...I have grown up in India and Kantha saris are very popular there...they are absolutely gorge!

    http://apennyapiece.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

It's lovely to hear from you. Thanks for your comment. Best wishes, Vic xxx

Blogging tips