Tuesday 17 July 2012

The Girls in Marrakech

I very happily stumbled across a website called The Glamourai today. It's a blog by
Kelly Framel, a Brooklyn based stylist, and covers all the things we girls love - fashion, shopping, beauty and, of course, gorgeous home decor. 



There is a series of blog postings that I spent quite some time pouring over, about a trip Kelly took with her good friend and photographer, Jamie Beck, to Marrakech, Morocco.
I have always wanted to go to Morocco, and am so inspired by Kelly and Jamie's photographs and story. The richness of the colour, textiles and pattern, the people and their culture, the architecture... it's all so gorgeous!



Kelly tries out the rug Jamie chose for her studio

Jamie looks stunning in red amongst all that gorgeous pattern

Shopping in the souk

My kind of heaven!

The local pharmacy

Beautiful lanterns

Traditional Moroccan mint tea

Exploring the Agafay desert - very 'Carrie and the girls'!

I can't think of a better way to spend the afternoon than relaxing in a tent in the Moroccan desert
sipping rosé with my best friend.

2 comments :

  1. oh you should go go go go go! I spent two weeks in Morocco and it is AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous images- especially the last one. We took a day trip from Spain into Tangier. But I always tell my husband it didn't count because it was one afternoon and my passport wasn't even stamped. So Morocco is still on my list of places to see/visit.

    ReplyDelete

It's lovely to hear from you. Thanks for your comment. Best wishes, Vic xxx

Blogging tips