Wednesday 2 October 2013

Adore Californian Edition

It's Adore magazine's 3rd birthday and I'm definitely happy to celebrate their latest issue, the Californian edition. Loni Parker, the editorial director, has just returned from three weeks in the US, and the pages are brimming with gorgeous inspiration from Los Angeles, Palm Springs, San Francisco, and New York. I'm strongly influenced by American interior design - Palm Springs meets The Hamptons with a bit of Mad Men thrown in - divine!




I was particularly taken with the beautiful Los Angeles home of brand stylist and designer, Erika Brechtel. If there was ever a home that looked like it's owner, this is it. Erika was once told by a friend to dress her home as she would herself, and she has followed this advice ever since. It's something that I'm passionate about, as you can see in this post.






Another piece of advice Erika gives, which I love, is her 'five pieces to a great room' formula - incorporate something textured/patterned, something shiny, something contemporary, something organic/animal, and something vintage/antique. If there's ever a room that doesn't feel quite right, she looks to her formula to see what's missing. It has never failed to complete the space.





There's so much I'm coveting in Erika's home, which she shares with her architect husband and four year old daughter - the original Beni Ourain rug from Morocco; the Lindsey Adelman diy chandelier; her grandmother's hand painted gold rimmed china... just to name a few.






And little Leighton's room is gorgeous - totally me! In fact, I'm going to be getting some ikat kantha quilts in the Cush & Nooks shop very soon (watch this space!).




Make sure you pop over and check out the entire issue of Adore, as there is so much more to drool over. This has to be one of my most favourite issues yet.

5 comments :

  1. Gorgeous images. You written all over. I cant wait for Cush and Nooks to bring out the new quilts!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know Amy, so me :) I can't wait for the quilts either, hopefully not far away x

      Delete
  2. Thanks so much for the very kind blog post Vic! This is one of my favourite issues too! Loni x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Loni. You must've had a fantastic time over there - great job x

      Delete
  3. Thanks Vic. You've just reminded me to read it... I saw that they'd done a California issue but it slipped my mind. Looks fab!! x

    ReplyDelete

It's lovely to hear from you. Thanks for your comment. Best wishes, Vic xxx

Blogging tips