Monday 7 October 2013

Filled with Love

I know I can always count on Design*Sponge to inspire me with beautiful 'real' homes, and this eclectic Philadelphia loft is one I think is really special. It's a perfect example of filling your home with things you love - every corner tells a story. It's owners, Lance DeWalt and Quoc Nguyen, have layered their family treasures, flea market finds, and new purchases to create a true haven that represents who they are.



I was always going to love this home when the first photo featured a hot pink velvet Jonathan Adler sofa, a marble coffee table, and gold vase! Closely followed by a hanging bubble chair and a trio of gold pendant lights.




But it's the little vignettes found around the home that I find really heart warming. Quoc collects barware and his favourite copper glasses he found in an antique store sit on a wood tray that Lance's grandmother bought on a trip to Brazil.




Lance found this cool, but very heavy trolley on the side of the road in New York. He and his friends lugged it home 20 blocks, and it is now home to numerous plants and terrariums.




I love how the striped cushion brings a splash of colour into the bedroom, and it's picked up again in the tiny suitcase on the bedside table.




I've chosen my favourite images, but to see and read more about this very cool home, pop over to Design*Sponge.

2 comments :

  1. What a gorgeous home Vic. In love with the kilim and those bar stools. Have a great week. Amy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous. I especially love the big windows, rug and marble in that first image x

    ReplyDelete

It's lovely to hear from you. Thanks for your comment. Best wishes, Vic xxx

Blogging tips