Thursday 3 October 2013

New Zealand Interior Style

I am an avid online shopper, and one of the things I love most about it is hearing the courier pull up outside our house with a delivery. Sometimes if I'm waiting on a couple of things I'm not sure what the parcel will contain, which adds to the excitement, and that's what happened to me yesterday morning.




School holidays means our mornings are not quite as crazy, so I was enjoying a sneaky few minutes lie in when the courier arrived. Inside this package was the fabulous new book 'New Zealand Interior Style' by LeeAnn Yare, photographs by Larnie Nicolson. Ooh, what a treat - a few more minutes to glimpse the gorgeous pages within before kids and work beckoned.





The book is divine, and everything I was hoping it would be. LeeAnn and Larnie have worked together on countless beautiful homes for interior magazines, and they've chosen 24 to feature in their book. Each one is different, but the common thread is homes packed full of personality to reflects their owner's. I've selected a few of my favourites to share with you.


The home of Monde Norden & Michael Glazer is bold & beautiful, reflecting their many overseas trips,
and times spent in Michael's homeland, America.

Talented couple, Nick & Jenny Clegg - directors & designers of fashion label Federation, and co-owners
of funky kidswear label Minti - were never going to have anything but an amazingly cool home!

I fell in love with interior designer, Wanda Harland's home several years ago.
It was one of the first homes I blogged about and still remains a firm favourite.

I have tons of admiration for interior designer and fashion writer, Anya Brighouse.
Her home exudes fun, and oozes personality!

Scott & Sharlene Woolston make the perfect pair. Scott is an incredibly talented furniture maker, and Sharlene works her colourful magic around their family home to compliment and enhance Scott's work.



Of course, there is so much more... including the inspirational homes of Amanda Holland, Alex Fulton, and LeeAnn's own. If you haven't already secured a copy make sure you do, I'm sure you'll love it as much as I do.

No comments :

Post a Comment

It's lovely to hear from you. Thanks for your comment. Best wishes, Vic xxx

Blogging tips