Wednesday 6 June 2012

Adore Art Edition

a.dore (uh-dawr)
verb (used with object)
1. to regard with the utmost esteem, love, and respect;
2. to pay divine honor to;
3. to like or admire very much.
verb (used without object)
4. to worship.


Yep, that pretty much sums up how I feel about the latest Adore magazine! Each page turn accompanied another gasp of approval from me, as I absorbed the gorgeous colours and cool interiors. As it's their art edition they have showcased the work of four amazing Australian artists - a visual feast for the eyes.






I think my favourite part is the shopping guide to Brisbane's suburb of Woolloongabba. This first shop is Rylo - I have followed Lauren's (the owner) blog for some time now, and I just love her style. Look at that gorgeous bone inlay chest of drawers - divine!







Next is Oliveaux, another homewares store that I swoon over. They also have a beautiful bone inlay piece in white, and note the kantha quilts on a chair in the back right corner - both bone inlay and kantha quilts available at Cush & Nooks - hint, hint!







And wouldn't you like to get let loose in the Woolloongabba Antique Centre? So many treasures waiting to be discovered. I'm certainly heading to Brisbane as soon as possible!






I loved reading about Keren Brown - one half of the fabulous Brown Trading Co. The colours, patterns and beautiful vignettes are inspiring, not to mention Keren and her brother Gavin's story.






As usual, there are some stunning homes featured. You'll love the home and story belonging to Sydney's designer couple, Jaynie and Nathan Johnson. They are responsible for the brilliant Blacklist Studio, which I 'adore'! They have a very cool style, and their Lovers and Dreamers bus scrolls are on the top of my wish list.







And you must read about Ainsley and Cameron Elliot's Gold Coast beach cottage - just the most gorgeous home, packed with colour and personality. So get going, make a cuppa and get ready to be wowed!



9 comments :

  1. Isn't it gorgeous!! I loved this issue! xo K

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wasn't it just another fabulous edition?! I always love new Adore day :)

    Abbey x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait to head over there and check out the issue (although I believe you may have already posted the best of it!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice photos! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. those printed dressers are amazing. i think it would be easy to DIY those with old dressers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I live in a neutral palette but "adore" the second image, I guess it's the artist in me. If I was to have a second home, maybe a beach house (dream on!),I think I would like to adopt the colour scheme and look of the second image or the lovely blues in the 4th image.

    I love your blog Vic, your image always inspire me and brighten my day.

    Lee ☺

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you so much for the lovely mention

    Keren
    xx

    ReplyDelete

It's lovely to hear from you. Thanks for your comment. Best wishes, Vic xxx

Blogging tips