Tuesday 19 June 2012

Society Social & The Manifesto Magalog

Have you heard of Society Social? It's a business/blog/shop creating and selling all the things you need for living sparkly - as in vivacious, legendary, always ridiculous, and never for a second boring! Their gorgeous products range from cocktail carts to haute hostess attire.



I always love a good story about chasing your dreams and turning them into a reality...
Roxy Owens, the founder of Society Social, is an ex-corporate rat racer, who decided that life is entirely too short, no matter the risk, to not be doing what you love. She endured two years in a soul-deadening (her words!) corporate job, but one day woke up hardly recognising who she'd become. She longed to get back to her 'sparkly' self, to look at the world with fresh eyes, to be inspired, and excited about life.



After leaving her job, Roxy took a year to re-group, and credits her blog, My Cup of Te, for helping her to focus on what she was most passionate about. The Society Social range of furniture came about when Roxy decided that the bar cart (she remembered her parents using in the 80's) was in need of a renaissance. Now, if cocktails, champagne and glamorous entertaining is not living sparkly, I don't know what is!



The Manifesto Magalog is SS's magazine/catalogue, and the second issue is out now. It's chocka with delicious photos of their products, entertaining & decorating tips, cocktail recipes and more.








I would dearly love to be able to stock some of Roxy's gorgeous furniture in the Cush & Nooks store one day. What do you think, all you Kiwi's - are you ready to embrace Roxy's 'live sparkly' mantra?

7 comments :

  1. This is a fabulous story and one I feel myself being an eensy weency bit jealous about!! :) Hazel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I am so embracing her mantra! I'm pretty much over the 9 to 5 thing too, it gets harder every year! So here's to living our dreams and letting ourselves sparkle every day! :) xo K

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love to start my morning with an inspirational story! I'm not Kiwi but I'd definitely embrace the 'live sparkly' mantra!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love society social! Such great stuff and such a wonderful story. I'm sure the kiwi's would love it Vic :)

    Abbey x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous bar carts. I almost can't wait to get home so that I can reread these blogpost with great links you've been sharing lately!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a great post.Inspirational source :)
    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Inspirational story!!!! thank you so much for your visit!!!
    I follow you now!!! and my G+ for you...
    Want us to follow by Bloglovin? let me know...
    Have a nice day!

    Besos, desde EspaƱa, Marcela♥

    ReplyDelete

It's lovely to hear from you. Thanks for your comment. Best wishes, Vic xxx

Blogging tips