Wednesday 15 February 2012

Man Space

I'm the first to admit that my style is quite feminine. I feel for my husband sometimes, living in a house with four females! He fixed up some beautiful old drawers recently for our room, and we're trying to decide on some 'manly' handles for them, that will still fit in with the rest of our room. And he won't let me put anything 'flowery' on top, so I have decorated with a few of his 'man' books and some photos of our girls.

Following is the Berlin apartment belonging to artist and illustrator, Olaf Hajek. It's cool, stylish, and 'manly'. I'm taking notes.








5 comments :

  1. Ha! The same battle goes on in our place Vic! It's hard when my favourite colours are pink and turquoise and I can't get enough floral...Mind you, I don't have 3 little accomplices :)

    Abbey x

    ReplyDelete
  2. 4 girls in 1 house? Ouch! My dad used to complain about 3! This place is super stylish! I really love the flooring throughout and the choice of fabric for the sofa.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is nice to see that everything is not dark in this space. I feel that is often the go to palette when people think "masculine". I'm sure you'll come up with a great compromise for your husband!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Same problem in our house! The new house has a garage/shed aka man cave which I am pretty certain should be well sorted by now but Pete keeps muttering about organising, and disappearing down there for hours! I have given over my yellow and coral master bedroom scheme over to green to placate him...kinda girlie green really, but I'll call it green! Annie x.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had to giggle at the guy with the socks, love them and I bet he is as masculine as a centre field on the rugby pitch...eek I know nothing about rugby so hope there is such a player.

    I try to make my cottage a balance with my decorating but it definitely leans towards a more feminine style.

    Lee

    ReplyDelete

It's lovely to hear from you. Thanks for your comment. Best wishes, Vic xxx

Blogging tips