Tuesday 26 August 2014

What's Been Happening...

There's always a lot going on in my life behind the scenes of this blog. I'm always on the look out for great products to use in our Bibby + Brady interiors, often trialling them in my own home before I recommend the same products for clients (tough job, I know!). Sometimes I'm lucky enough to be gifted products too, like these cute little concrete and metallic pots by Zebony Design.




Ebony Harvey, founder of Zebony Design, is a busy mum of two. She creates a range of gorgeous pieces including these pots, which can be used as candle holders or little dishes, maybe pop a little succulent or two in. She also makes these fun, colourful necklaces (see below) - mine looks right at home with my other necklaces, I love it. As well as her website, you can also follow Zebony Design on Instagram.





I love great bedding and my latest purchase was a set of delicious linen sheets in soft grey from Jamie Kay. A great combination with my Kip & Co velvet duvet and pillowcases, the sheets are buttery soft. Definitely only linen sheets for me from now on, and they look even better messy!






Over the weekend Mark and I painted a magnetic stripe on the twins' bedroom wall using Resene Magnetic Magic and a top coat of Resene Knock Out. It runs from ceiling to floor down past the top and bottom bunk, giving the girls somewhere to display their favourite photos and cards. The very cool Zorro Dog postcard is from My Deer Art Shop. I bought the Super Dog poster for the girls' room, because it reminds me of our beautiful Sam. Maaike, the lovely founder of My Deer Art Shop, gifted me a set of the postcards too, which I adore.




When I was in Taupo recently I made a point of dropping into The Storehouse cafe in Runanga Street. Owned by locals, Brad Dellar and Sam King, and Brad's wife Melissa, it's a very cool cafe and shop. My coffee and scone were delicious, and the shop is full of great vintage furniture pieces, art, and amazing homeware. A 'must' if you're visiting Taupo.






Before I finish off this post, here's a very quick sneaky peek of my next project. I'm not going to say anything more at this stage, but keep an eye out for the reveal on the blog soon.




4 comments :

  1. Great post Vic. Gorgeous images too and thanks for including Miss Wong x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is that an Andrew O'Brien I see in the background? Just love his work and had the very great pleasure of meeting him last week at his gallery in Collingwood

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, that is an Andrew O'Brien, Carolyn. I love his work too - big fan, x

      Delete

It's lovely to hear from you. Thanks for your comment. Best wishes, Vic xxx

Blogging tips