Tuesday 18 February 2014

Bold - lampshades and cushions to love

One of the most effective ways to introduce colour and pattern into a room is through cushions and lampshades, and that's why I was so excited when I first discovered Bold - a business 'creating lampshades and cushions to love'. Owner, Kate, is a girl after my own heart - a fellow lover of colour and personality in home decor. When she couldn't find quite what she wanted for her own home she set about to create it herself.



Hundreds of lampshades, and many happy customers later, Bold is getting bigger and better every day. Kate has introduced cushions to her range, and she is forever searching for gorgeous fabrics from all over the world to add the perfect splash of pattern to your home.



It's a very simple concept - you decide what it is you want... a ceiling shade, a lampshade, or a cushion. Then you choose your size and fabric. As I mentioned, Kate has an amazing selection of fabrics which you can peruse by colour, or you can even send her your own fabric and she'll create your shade or cushion using that. Did I mention wallpaper?... yes, Kate can also make shades using wallpaper, which is an excellent use of your leftover roll.



We often get Kate to make light shades for our Bibby + Brady clients, so I can vouch for their quality. This delicious tropical shade (below) is my very own Bold lampshade, which I love. Along with my tranquil water photograph it helps bring a bit of the outside into our living room. Pop over and see the full Bold range for yourself, I know you'll love it too.




8 comments :

  1. Oh I love the new website Bold! I can totally vouch for these - I have 5 in my house and am about to order another, gorgeous product, awesome quality & great service :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yours look great Angie, will help you with your next order x

      Delete
  2. Gorgeous Vic. And I believe Kate is a Hawkes Bay girl! Might have to invest when we get to the new house. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Amy, she's in CHB - perfect for you :) x

      Delete
  3. great concept. thanks for sharing vic

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great designs and fabric by Bold! Thanks for sharing, off to check out their site.

    ReplyDelete

It's lovely to hear from you. Thanks for your comment. Best wishes, Vic xxx

Blogging tips