Friday 5 October 2012

Pizza, Bubbles & Baubles

It was my birthday on Wednesday, and that evening we took the kids to one of my favourite places Pipi Cafe. Not having to cook is a present in itself for me, and pizza & bubbly is my birthday dinner of choice (I'm an easy girl to please). With it's chandeliers, pink interior & exterior, and candle lit ambience, it's easy to see why I love it. But it's also because Pipi's philosophy is about family, fun and good simple food. It's a brilliant place to take kids, (mine love the jar of complimentary giant jaffas at the counter), the food is delicious without fail, and the whole experience is relaxed and thoroughly enjoyable.






Alexandra Tylee, the owner and chef, has recently published Pipi the cookbook with the most fabulous photography by talented Hawke's Bay photographer, Brian Culy. It's more than just a cookbook, it's also a searingly honest account of Alexandra's life so far, including the terrible grief of losing a baby, and how she came to open a hot pink restaurant and bar in Havelock North. It's an absolutely beautiful book, and too pretty to leave in a cupboard, it definitely deserves to be out on display.






And last, but by no means least... I bought these stunning Lindi Kingi neon pink tassel earrings, aren't they fantastic?! And Lindi, being the lovely person she is, slipped in this amazing neon orange Swarovski pearl bracelet - what a perfect birthday gift for a lover of colour and pretty things! x


8 comments :

  1. Happy Birthday for Wednesday! What a super cute restaurant, I love all the pink! Great birthday presents to yourself from 'Lindi Kingi' too, Neon rocks! Yels xox

    http://www.fourunderoneroof.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I say bring the Pipi Cafe to London - it's sure to be a certain hit (good food, fabulous décor and a solid philosophy)! Happy belated birthday to you Vic, it sounds like you had a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful - reminds me of my fave cuckoo cafe in greytown! And happy birthday for then! Those earrings and bracelet = amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Belated happy birthday Vic! That cafe looks so cute! All that pink! I can see I would love it too :)

    Abbey x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Belated Birthday Vic! It looks like you had the perfect evening with amazing food AND the cutest company.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy birthday!! Ooo that place looks fantastic. Rustic, home made style places like that are my absolute favourite.

    ReplyDelete
  7. happy birthday! sounds like you had a divine day! that place looks fabulous! (very jealous I don't live closer)...might have to ask for the book for MY birthday though

    ReplyDelete
  8. love your post, happy birthday

    ReplyDelete

It's lovely to hear from you. Thanks for your comment. Best wishes, Vic xxx

Blogging tips