Friday 24 January 2014

Favourite Finds

This is the first of another new blog series - Favourite Finds. Once every week or two I'll be bringing you a selection of favourite things I've discovered - maybe a new website I've found, or a movie I've seen, a delicious recipe, or cool product... an eclectic collection. Hopefully there'll be something in there to inspire you to.

I've recently taken the Meat Free Monday pledge. The concept to cut meat out of your diet for one day a week is taking the world by storm, and little ole New Zealand is jumping on board. I quite regularly cook vegetarian meals for our family, so it won't be a hard concept for me at all, but I'm most excited to try the yummy recipes you can find on the website. Pop over and read all about why you should take the pledge with me.



Autumn fashion is hitting the shops already and my favourite label, Moochi, has lots of cool new stock to entice me. I have a long list, of course, but at the top are these awesome Lead Pants. Tapered at the ankle and with an elasticised waist they look really smart and super comfy - a brilliant combination!



I've just discovered the TV programme Offspring. I know what you're saying... "Where've you been?! Offspring has been around for ages!". Yes, I know we're about to start season 4 here in NZ, but before a few days ago I'd never watched an episode. Thanks to the wonder of TVNZ On Demand, I was able to watch the last three episodes of season 3 back-to-back on my iPad in bed. Now I can't wait for the new season to start so I can see more of the craziness and of course, Patrick - sigh!



I'm always happy to add another interior book to my collection, and I love the look of Creative Family Home. It addresses both the practical and decorative issues involved in creating a stylish home for your family, whether you've got one tiny baby, or a tribe of teenagers.



And last, but certainly not least, my favourite new find... get ready to have your heart wrenched! I follow an incredible instagram account called mommasgonecity. Owned by Jessica Shyba, her blog by the same name was initially started as a way to keep in touch with family when they moved from California to Manhattan. Jessica moved back to Santa Cruz, California with her husband, three adorable children, and their latest addition, a rescue puppy called Theo.



A very special bond has formed between Theo and Jessica's youngest child, Beau - there is nothing quite like the love between a boy and his dog. Read Jessica's full story here about how the pair became such close buddies, and how nap time is no longer Jessica's most productive time of day! She spends most of it watching this remarkable love story with her heart bursting. As a massive dog lover, this just makes me want to cry with joy! I'm a bit of a sook when it comes to animals, if you are too make sure you follow Theo and Beau's journey, as well as the rest of the family, on instagram.


10 comments :

  1. Great post Vic. Theo & Beau have entirely melted my heart! Do you follow @kateoliver on instagram? Awesome photos & fun series of her boys #whentheoliversrockthatnap

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kim. I hadn't seen Kate Oliver's instagram, but have just had a quick look - absolutely gorgeous, will definitely be a new follower. x

      Delete
  2. Loving all the new stuff this week, especially the kitchen you planned and your gorgeous bathroom.Like the look of the Creative Family HOme magazine.. not that I am(creative) but I do admire it in others!LOve my daily fix right here on your lovely blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So lovely of you to say Rose, thank you. I'm really excited about a new year with the blog - new features and new opportunities. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I started off with meatless mondays and now I am a raw vegan... kinda gets addictive. and those pants, I love!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow Krisi! Well who knows what will happen, but I don't think I'll be converting my husband to a vegetarian just yet. Yes, gotta get me those pants x

      Delete
  5. Oh my goodness, that is so adorable... I just popped over to read the story and I'm in love with Theo and Beau! Great to see you've caught the Offspring bug. It's by far my fave TV show. I'm a massive fan of Asher Keddie and can't wait for the next season! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, she is very cool, and so beautiful. I see it starts on Sunday, can't wait. I'm glad you've caught the Theo & Beau bug, you'll be hooked now x

      Delete
  6. Really enjoying your last few posts. This series is going to be great. My sister can't believe I haven't seen a single episode of Offspring so I am glad that (up until recently), I wasn't the only one who didn't follow the show.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Leanne, I hope you do enjoy this series. Offspring starts on Sunday, you should give it a go. Or watch it On Demand - you could catch up on the end of last season, so you know a bit more about what's happening - I love it! x

      Delete

It's lovely to hear from you. Thanks for your comment. Best wishes, Vic xxx

Blogging tips